Cairns - Downtown, Australia
|Sun||08:00 - 17:30|
|Mon||07:00 - 19:30|
|Tue||07:00 - 19:30|
|Wed||07:00 - 19:30|
|Thu||07:00 - 19:30|
|Fri||07:00 - 19:30|
|Sat||08:00 - 17:30|
Included in the Price
• CDW (Collision Damage Waiver) and Vehicle Theft coverage with Excess.
(Not covered under the included cover: Tyres, Wheels, Rear view and side mirrors, Windows, Undercarriage. Please see more in the Excess and Liability section.)
• Third Party Cover
• Airport Service Fee
• One-way fee is included in the price quoted online and payable at the counter, only applicable for One Way Rentals.
• Breakdown assistance is included for mechanical failure.
• Unlimited mileage (except for Toyota Commuter)
Mandatory Documents and Important Information
The following documents are required to collect the vehicle:
• A printed version of your Rental Voucher
• Passport or Identification card
• A valid credit card in the name of the main driver
• A valid driving licence. International driving licence is required for customers whose licence is not written in Roman alphabet.
Non-EU customers: please note that your country might have driving license restrictions and you might need an international driving license. Please check with the official authorities of your country.
Age Restriction and Driving Licence: Drivers must be between 26 – 80 years and have held a valid driving licence for a minimum of 12 months. Car rental provider does not offer car rental to drivers with learners permit (L Plate).
Young Driver Fees: Young drivers surcharge is not included in the rental price. It is paid in the local currency at the rental desk. If you are aged between 21 and 25 years old you must pay a young driver surcharge of 9.90 AUD per day.
Voucher: A printed version of your rental voucher must be produced upon arrival at the rental desk. Failure to present the voucher means the car rental agent may charge you at the local rates. Please note: We are not responsible for overcharges on rentals where the voucher was not presented to the local agent on collection of the vehicle. If you do not present the required documents, the documentation is not valid or you do not have enough funds on your credit card, the car rental agent may refuse to release the vehicle and no funds will be reimbursed.
Please note the price of optional extras (including equipment and insurance) is subject to change without notice. The optional extras (equipment) are subject to availability.
Excess and Liability
There is a standard Collision Damage Waiver excess of AUD 4400 for all Car groups (Multi Vehicle Accidents only) except 12 seater minibus (XVAR): 5500 AUD . The car rental provider will pre-authorise the excess amount on your credit card when you collect your vehicle. This will be automatically released if there is no theft or damage during the rental period. If there is damage to the rental vehicle, you will be liable for up to the excess amount and the standard vehicle insurance policy will cover the rest.
If you have purchased a third party insurance an excess will still be required by the car rental provider.
In the event of a Single Vehicle Accident the amount of AUD 2200.00 including tax applies in addition to the standard excess.
Optional insurances (purchased locally):
Premium Protection Package protects you against damage caused as a result of Multi Vehicle Accidents plus Single Vehicle Accidents, Hail and Storm Damage, Animal Damage, Windscreens, Tyres and Headlight damage. The prices of the PRW Cover will vary depending on the car group, age and rental duration:
Compact, Economy, Metro, Intermediate, Standard
Price is between 16.50 AUD and 24.20 AUD per day and the excess will be reduced to 385 AUD.
SUV and 8 seater minivan:
Price is between 20.90 AUD and 29.70 AUD per day and the excess will be reduced to 500 AUD.
12 Seater Minibus:
Price is between 20.90 AUD and 29.70 AUD per day and the excess will be reduced to 1000 AUD.
The car rental provider will provide you with a specific level of fuel and you will need to return the vehicle with the same level. Please make sure you check the level reading when you pick up the car.
Missing fuel will be charged on your return. The price per litre charged by the rental agent may be significantly higher than the price at the local service station.
Fuel charges are payable at the rental desk unless otherwise stated in the Included in the Price section.
Deposit and Credit card Information
The car hire company will require a deposit amount of AUD 1000 excluding tax at pick-up. This deposit will be returned at the end of the rental, as long as all conditions have been met.
Car rental provider accepts credit cards to pay for costs, excess and deposits at the counter. The main driver of the car rental contract must be the cardholder of one of the following valid credit cards: MasterCard and VISA.
Car rental provider does not accept payment by Cash, American Express, Postepay, Visa Electron, any Debit Card (Including MasterCard or Visa), Prepaid Credit/Debit Card or Diners.
In the event that you fail to present a valid credit card or lack of sufficient funds available on the credit card, car rental agent may refuse to release the vehicle. In these instances, no funds paid will be reimbursed.
ADDITIONAL DRIVERS: 12.10 AUD per day.
BABY SEATS/BOOSTER SEATS: 6.05 AUD per day with a Maximum charge of 66 AUD.
GPS: The cost of GPS is 6.05 AUD per day with a maximum of 66 AUD.
Extra KM: Toyota Commuter (XVAR) only has 200km per day and extra km cost 0.22 AUD.
Please note: The price of optional extras (including equipment, fuel and insurance) is subject to location fees and local taxes (GST) and can change without notice. The optional extras (equipment) are subject to availability and payable at the counter.
Cross Border and Driving Territory
You must never take the Vehicle:
(a) on any Unsealed Road;
(b) above the Snow Line;
(c) Off Road;
(d) between mainland Australia and Tasmania in either direction, or into or out of the
Northern Territory or Western Australia;
(e) onto any island with the exception of:
(i) Kangaroo Island;
(ii) Stradbroke Island;
(iii) Magnetic Island;
(iv) Bribie Island;
(v) Phillip Island; or
(vi) Bruny Island,
(f) Any towing or recovery costs incurred whilst on any islands stated in clause 7.10
(e) will be at Your expense and there is no guarantee that a replacement vehicle will
(g) through any river, stream, creek or tidal crossing;
(h) through flood waters or on flood prone roads or on any road where the state or
condition of the road make the use of the Vehicle unsafe;
(i) on any road where the police or any government or statutory authority has issued a
warning, caution or which has been closed;
(j) onto any road where We have notified You that the use of the Vehicle is prohibited;
(k) in Queensland:
(i) north of Chillagoe or west of Georgetown;
(ii) north of Cooktown or Laura;
(iii) on the Burke Development Road;
(iv) north of Maggieville;
(v) on Unsealed Roads north and west of Mt Isa;
(vi) on the Bloomfield track; or
(vii) on the Savannah Way;
(l) on the Tanami Track and the Gunbarrel Highway in Western Australia and the
Northern Territory; or
(m) on the road from Jim Jim Falls to Twin Falls in the Northern Territory.
7.11 There are other prohibited areas where You must never take the Vehicle:
(a) For rentals commenced in Western Australia:
(i) on the Gibb River Road;
(ii) on the Cape Leveque Road;
(iii) on the road to Windjana Gorge;
(iv) on the Cardabia - Ningaloo Road; or
(v) on the access road from the Great Northern Highway to the Purnululu National
Park, commonly known as the Bungle Bungles; or
(b) For rentals commenced in the Northern Territory on the Larapinta and Namitjira
Drives, commonly known as the Mereenie Loop.
• East Coast is off airport and a free shuttle bus service will be provided on arrival. Please see your rental voucher for details.
• Traffic fines, sanctions and judicial costs related to traffic violations or law and tolls are not included in the rental cost.
• EastCoast is not obliged to keep your booking or keep the office open in the event that you do not arrive at the allocated pick up time. If you experience an unexpected delay on the day of the pick-up, please contact the local office.
• East Coast and CarTrawler do not provide refunds for vehicles returned early.
• The vehicles displayed and models listed are the most common vehicles used by our car rental partners. We cannot guarantee the make, model or traction of the rental vehicle will be the same as the vehicle displayed on our website.
• Voucher: A printed version of your rental voucher must be produced upon arrival at the rental desk. Failure to present the voucher means the car rental agent may charge you at the local rates. Please note: We are not responsible for overcharges on rentals where the voucher was not presented to the local agent on collection of the vehicle. If you do not present the required documents, the documentation is not valid or you do not have enough funds or credit limit on your credit card, the car rental agent may refuse to release the vehicle and no funds will be reimbursed.